October 18, 2012, Commack, NY – Computar has announced new series of 1/2” 25-135mm Megapixel Lenses with ultra long-range telephoto capability and a unique optical design assuring optimal performance for HD megapixel camera applications.
- Ultra Long-Range Telephoto – With a 25-135mm focal range, this lens is able to capture images while retaining maximum sharpness and image detail at more than 500 feet from subject
- 3 Megapixel - Designed from the ground up to capture precise detail in critical security applications. High quality optics maximizes performance with 3 and 5 megapixel camera sensors, providing a sharp image in both center and corners of the image plane.
- Full HD Format - Standard megapixel lenses often display soft or distorted images on the edges of an HD sensor. By enlarging the image circle design, this series is fully compatible with 720p and 1080p 16:9 format image sensors as well as the standard format 4:3 sensors.
- Precise Focus Adjustment - Setting the focus on megapixel IP cameras has been a challenge, especially when working with a limited adjustment range and transmission delays through a network. The focus mechanism on this series has been redesigned to allow more precise focus control. The focus ring rotates a full 140 degrees for better fine-tuning.
- Corner Brightness – The advanced optical design provides for exceptional brightness in the corners of the image, enhancing overall picture quality and sharpness throughout the image plane.
- Manual or DC Auto Iris – Manual iris model H5Z2518C-MP and auto iris model HG5Z2518FC-MP , F1.8 full HD lenses are available to suit your application.
“The ultra long range telephoto capability of the 25 – 135mm lens has shown in both laboratory and real world environments to provide clear images at over 500 feet from the target. This lens provides excellent performance at an affordable price” according to Jim Holihan, Vice President, CBC (AMERICA) Corp.
Both lenses are currently available in stock. Go to www.computar.com for more information and to view our online catalog.
Computar lenses have set the world standard through pioneering design, manufacture and global sales. Computar lenses were introduced in the USA during the mid-1970s and have continued to meet security challenges globally for more than 30 years. Security professionals with high-security applications such as airports, banks, government buildings and commercial industries choose Computar for state of the art technology, quality and reliability. With millions of installations worldwide, there is a Computar lens for virtually every application. With USA locations in NY and CA, Computar is able to meet the needs of the North, South & Central American markets.
Computar Optics Group
Nick Kushiro - (631) 930-3464
Ryo Kimura - West Coast, (310) 222-8600